I. JOB PURPOSE
Maintain company compliance with Code of Federal Regulations. Specifically, 40 CFR Parts 262 & 263, - Hazardous Materials Handling, Storage and Disposal, 29 CFR1910 and 1926 OSHA / Hazard Communication, 49 CFR 171, 172, 173 Haz Mat Transportation.
Physical Demands: Bending and reaching. Requires squatting, carrying, pushing and pulling weight in excess of 200 Lbs. Requires heavy lifting (capable of 80+ lbs.), frequent walking and climbing.
Equipment Operated: Various size forklifts, 2 ½ Ton flatbed truck, floor jacks, hand dollies, motorized fluid transfer pump, and various hand tools.
Work Location: Interior and exterior base facilities.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to hazardous materials and heat stress.
III.JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Hazardous Materials Job Functions:
Ensures the following in reference to all waste accumulation sites.
· Hazardous waste is accumulated in DOT approved containers.
· All containers are in good condition (no leaks, bulges, damage, etc.)
· Containers are marked with appropriate labels “Hazardous Waste” and “Haz Class” labels. “Non-Hazardous Waste”, “Universal Waste”, etc.
· Areas are free of trash and debris.
· All waste is compatible with its container and/or liner.
· Containers are kept tightly closed.
· Containers holding incompatible waste are kept apart by physical barrier or sufficient distance.
· Determine if heat generation has occurred from incompatible waste in containers, or decomposition.
· Separates and confines ignitable or reactive wastes from sources of heat or ignition.
· Posting of safety signs (“No Smoking”, NFPA fire diamond, etc.) used to alert employees and public of hazards.
· Spill prevention and containment. Coordination of clean-up processes in accordance with Marana Aerospace’s SPCC.
· Ensure on a weekly basis that the Communication and Fire suppression equipment is operational.
· Ensure that the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available at Waste Accumulation Areas.
· Inspections of the 90-Day Waste Accumulation Area for containment, structure and security are completed.
· Instructs the Marana Aerospace “Hazard Communication Course”. This course is for new and recurrent training needs.
Marginal Job Functions:
· Moves all containers full of hazardous waste to the 90-Day Accumulation Area.
· Replaces full containers with empty DOT approved containers.
· Facility wide removal and containment of hazardous waste (spills, solids) from ground environment.
· Coordination of hazardous waste transportation with authorized vendors.
· Confirms and signs hazardous waste manifests.
· Provides “On-The-Job” training to personnel who generate hazardous waste. This helps ensure compliance with regulations involving the handling and disposal of Hazardous Materials and Waste.
· Revises the Marana Aerospace Hazardous Communication Standard as needed.
· Coordinates budget requirements with upper management and suggests opportunities for cost reduction.
· Coordinates special “Lab Packs” for transportation and disposal.
Essential Environmental, Health and Safety Related Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Maintain company compliance with Code of Federal Regulations. Specifically, 29 CFR1910.1200 Hazard Communication and 40 CFR Parts 262 & 263, - Hazardous Materials Handling, Storage and Disposal. 49 CFR 171, 172, 173. Ability to read, write and understand the English language.
Education/Training: 16 hr. RCRA Initial Certification with annual 8 hour refresher certifications, 40 hr. OSHA Hazwoper Certification with annual 8 hour refresher certifications, 24 hr. Hazardous Materials Transportation, Federal Hazardous Materials Regulation 49 CFR DOT/IATA, Hazardous Waste Site Supervisor.
OSHA Train the Trainer, Hazard Communication Instructor.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience.