5 months ago
Job ID #: 9629
Location: US - California - San Diego
Functional Area: Operations
Division: AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - California - San Diego
Education Required: High School Diploma
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Travel Percentage: 0
Hours of Work: 40+
The Test Technician will be responsible for conducting a variety of tests, including but not limited to manufacturing verification, engineering validation, functional performance, and ground fault isolation on production units. The test technician will troubleshoot both digital and analog circuitry to the component level, determining the cause of any malfunction and recommending adjustments/repair to restore the product to working order.
• Set up and operate various types of standard and specially designed test equipment.
• Identify need for fixtures or equipment needed in support of unique or special testing requirements.
• Assist test engineering in the final qualification of new test systems and/or procedures.
• Calibrate, align, adjust, and perform final functional test each unit for customer shipment; working from specifications, test procedures, data sheets, engineering drawings, wiring diagrams/schematics, and/or verbal instruction.
• Log production test data, including but not limited to, work order, model number, serial number, test status (pass/fail), and failure mode.
• Diagnose and determine cause and remedy for defective assemblies, parts and/or components; identify, characterize, and document defects so as to ensure reproducibility of documented defect.
• Report increased trends in failures to appropriate parties, initiating root-cause investigations.
• Perform physical inspection of product to ensure compliance to specification and cosmetic requirements.
• Operate equipment and instruments safely and according to proper procedures; exercising the necessary precautions to prevent damage to test equipment and instrumentation.
• Maintain a neat and orderly workstation.
• Work as team member on continuous improvement projects, including but not limited to visual factory floor controls, 5S, and lean enterprise solutions.
• Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
• High School Diploma or GED required. AA or AS in technical field preferred.
• Minimum Experience required:
• One to five (1-5) years experience in a production test and troubleshooting environment.
• Skills Required:
• Requires a solid background in testing, debugging, and troubleshooting of electromechanical equipment to the component level. Understanding of and experience with standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, RMS meters, high power conversion equipment, etc. is a must. Must be able to identify both surface mount and through-hole components; including component values/color-coding. Requires use of mechanical hand tools on a regular basis. The test technician must be capable of performing moderately complex math and be able to read, understand, and adhere to technical documents and procedures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.