4 months ago
• Operates and monitors control systems and related equipment to regulate the treatment and distribution of waste water and thus produces treated water that complies to regulations.
• Collects water samples for chemical testing. Treats water with appropriate chemicals.
• Reads flow meters, gauges and other recording instruments to measure water output and waste content levels.
• Analyzes test results and instrument readings and makes adjustments to equipment and systems as required.
• Monitors and inspects equipment and systems to detect equipment malfunctions and to ensure systems and equipment are operating normally.
• Responds to spills, waste water treatment alarms and abnormalities and initiates corrective action.
• Completes and maintains appropriate records, logs and reports. Ensures applicable related legal requirements are met.
• Performs maintenance of equipment including cleaning probes and filters as well as submitting all maintenance requests.
• Performs maintenance chemical solutions and tanks.
• Performs preventative maintenance for the Plating Cell.
• Maintains inventory of chemicals and empty drums.
• Participates in continuous improvement of cell operations.
• Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
• Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
• Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Carries out other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of waste water treatment and control procedures.
- Strong aptitude for chemistry.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes and MSDS labels.
- Working knowledge production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
- Completion of a college program in water and waste water or a closely related discipline; or equivalent preferred