9 months ago
Aerospace painting experience preferred. Industrial/auto body experience acceptable.
Summary Statement:Applies basic and some advanced technical skills and knowledge in original equipment manufacturing of final paint application on original equipment manufactured parts, components and complete subsystems for operational aircraft applications. Performs any of the detailed work operations required to be completed in this area of specialization.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
* Performs assembly of original equipment manufacturing of parts, components and subsystems for aircraft applications using products and processes are varied but generally not complex in scope to apply primer, topcoat paint, and any spray-applied coatings to aircraft parts consistent with government, customer and company standards. The level of work performed requires some skill and experience. Priorities are determined by management.
* Reads and interprets specifications and documents to define the scope of work on work orders.
* Cleans grease and dirt from product.
* Removes rust from metal with acid, wire brush, or steel wool.
* Applies masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
* Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface.
* Computes mix ratios in order to mix paint materials.
* Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color.
* Pours coating liquid into spray container and connects gun to air hose.
* Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray.
* Selects the appropriate personal protective equipment for the operation to be performed.
* When using a respirator ensures the respirator is working properly and is properly worn.
* Applies spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish using protective or decorative material such as paint, enamel, glaze, gel-coat, or lacquer.
* Coats areas inaccessible to hand sprayer with brush.
* Heats and sprays wax onto products after they are tested.
* Cleans spraying equipment and brushes with solvent.
* Ensures compliance with environment regulations and maintains records in accordance with these environment regulations.
* Ancillary Job Functions and Responsibilities:Performs other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications other than the primary assignment.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Formal Education, Training and Work Experience:Experience may be substituted for the formal education and training requirements in this section at the discretion of management. High School graduate with preference given to candidates with technical school related to aircraft or manufacturing processes.