3 months ago
The Temporary Worker Program is a provisional employment opportunity that has been the starting point for many of our current employees. More than 200 people over the last two years began their career with American Airlines as a temporary worker. It's a strategic investment of your time that can lead to a promising career with us.
During your tenure as a temporary worker, we'll work with you to find the right positions based on your education and former employment. You may be able to visit various departments within American to help you better understand our company and make informed decisions about your potential future career path with us. We'll support your search for a full-time position by providing assistance with resume writing and interview techniques that will prepare you for interviews at American Airlines.
What does a temporary worker do?
Temporary workers support our operation during periods of unusual or emergency workload, leaves of absence or vacation by performing tasks ranging from the routine to the highly-complex. The length of assignments can vary with a maximum of six (6) months and may be located at corporate offices, airports or other field locations.
Here are some of the key responsibilities:
* Ensuring telephone coverage
* Greeting and directing customers
* Handling mail
* Updating manuals and data entry
* Arranging travel and hotel accommodations
* Coordinating mass mailings or special projects
The rate of pay for this position is $12.05 per hour. Temporary workers have the benefit of applying for the Company's internal vacancies. However, the position does not include employee medical benefits or flight privileges.
* High School diploma or GED
* At least 2 years previous on-the-job administrative/clerical experience
* Minimum typing skill of 35 W.P.M. required and maybe verified
* Possess excellent office, organizational and communication skills
* Working knowledge of PC including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
* Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
* Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
* Must have acceptable credit, which will be verified if required for the department
Additional Locations: Dallas/Ft Worth, TX; None
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Clerical, Administrative Assistant, Data Entry, Administrative