7 months ago
Teradata Application Architect
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53958BR Date posted 09/19/City Charlotte
State North Carolina
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology (DT) team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to empower digITal. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
This position in Enterprise Reporting group is responsible for design and development of Data Integration solutions for integrating data into Teradata Enterprise Data Warehouse environment for UTC Aerospace systems. This is a multitasking role requires involvement with multiple BI developers, data modelers, solution architects and project managers.
* Design, develop and support Data integration solutions for large and complex data driven applications primarily using Teradata, TTU, Informatica and shell scripts.
* Reconciliation and test cases of developed solutions and Participation in all phases of development lifecycle and post implementation support for the areas of ownership.
* Develop and enforce data integration processes, templates, design patterns, frameworks, best practices and technical standards for Teradata ETL environment.
* Establish and enforce technical standards for use by all BI project delivery teams by coaching the teams to apply these standards on a continual basis.
* Direct and support the development teams in the use of the selected tools and standards, providing continuity and consistency across projects.
* Involve in conducting proofs of concepts and prototypes to prove out new technology and innovative ideas in search for competitive advantages
* Provide batch optimization, Teradata stored procedure performance tuning, and SQL tuning recommendations
* Promote knowledge sharing, Maintain Technical documents and provide onboarding/coaching for new BI employees and contractors.
* Provide recommendations and guidance to BI project teams on challenging development and testing issues and resolve code sharing conflicts resulting from parallel development
* Perform ETL code review to make sure it follows the established standards and best practices
* Proactively detect any potential issues the migration package might cause
* Provide regular status reports to management
* Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Occasional travel to other UTC Aerospace offices within the United States required.
* 10+ years of IT experience in the areas of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence in an Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
* 7+ years of experience providing data integration solutions in large-scale enterprise environments primarily using MPP databases such as Teradata
* 5+ years of experience in with Teradata application Development and Through knowledge on Teradata architecture (Teradata 14.x, 15.x) and all Teradata components and utilities such as BTEQ, TPT, FastLoad, FastExport, MultiLoad, Tpump, and Viewpoint
* 5+ years of experience in Linux environment and Shell scripting
* 3+ years of experience in developing automated frameworks, templates and design patterns
* 3+ years of Informatica experience
* Good knowledge of data warehousing concepts, logical/physical database design and dimensional modeling.
* In-depth knowledge of Teradata SQL, Teradata Stored Procedure Language (SPL) and TPT
* Experience with SQL performance tuning and batch optimization to handle and process large volume of data in Teradata
* In-depth understanding of IT infrastructure such as servers and storage systems, operating systems, virtualization platforms, and disaster recovery tools
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience working with a blended onsite and virtual environment.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner with a broad range of technical and non-technical users and stakeholders
* Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and tasks
* Ability to prioritize, organize, make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
* Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with other team members
* Proactive and focused on results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
* Should be a team player and leader, flexible, hardworking, self-motivated and have a positive outlook with the ability to take on difficult initiatives and challenges
* Teradata 14+ Certified Technical Specialist, Teradata 14+ Certified Solutions Developer, or any other Teradata certifications are big plus
* Business Objects or any other BI tool knowledge and experience
* Business knowledge in the manufacturing domain
* SAP ERP systems experience is big plus.
* Experience in using scheduling tools (AppWorx, Tidal preferred)
* Experience in using code repository tools such as GIT, Subversion
Four-year degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.