19 days ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Sourcing Leader will negotiate with dedicated providers according to specific policies. Achieve the best contractual conditions while also ensuring internal customer satisfaction. Department delivering professional engineering work. Department develops new solutions under guidance and / or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
Additionally, as the Sourcing Leader, your responsibilities will include:
* Define and improve Sourcing strategies at business or and Terre Haute plant level
* May also include management of regional & business teams
* Develop annual plan for own unit and delivers data for the programs of encompassing units in the function or in the business and midterm plans
* Department shares knowledge acquired in concrete projects
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Sourcing Management
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
* Strong Oracle ASCP skills
* Strong Oracle GOLF skills
* Familiarity with GE Aviation Production Systems
* SSS AP functionality
* Aravo functionality
* TIPQA functionality
* Previous experience in a Teaming site
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE Aviation Engine Services Tri-Remanufacturing, Inc. is a component repair facility that primarily repairs honeycomb seal rings and segments for jet aircraft engines. The facility, located in southwest Indiana is approximately 66,000 square feet and has roughly 100 employees. Terre Haute is home to Indiana State University, named by the Princeton Review as one of the nation’s “best value” undergraduate institutions & included on the “Best in the Midwest” list of colleges and universities. Another highly rated private engineering school, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, is located just east of the city as well. Learn more about our vibrant community!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Indiana; Terre Haute
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.