6 months ago
165310, Test & Integration Technician (2) - MA -
Job Title: Test & Integration Technician (2) - MA
Rate: $20 to $25.00 DOE
Description: Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test & Integration Technician (2) for an opening in Northampton, MA.
Perform a wide variety of in-process and final Acceptance testing. Circuitry and components utilized include a combination of analog, digital, synchro, microwave, optical and mechanical assemblies. Test various assemblies under both ambient and extreme environmental conditions.
1. Set-up and utilize test equipment. Must have a strong working knowledge of electronics and circuits. Must have the ability to troubleshoot to component level. Able to read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams and engineering drawings.
2. Must be proficient using a broad range of test equipment such as multi meters oscilloscopes, millivolt standards, angle position indicators, function generators scope-meters, and chart recorders. Be familiar with the use of a variety of R.F. test equipment such as sweep oscillators, scalar network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, directional couplers and precision variable attenuators.
3. Inspect incoming electrical and electronic components for compliance to purchase orders, drawing specifications and other applicable data. Demonstrate superior attention to detail when performing inspections.
4. Closely follow detailed test procedures. Bring any errors found in test procedures during test forward for correction to improve the quality of documentation and company processes.
5. Set up test equipment to perform component level acceptance tests. Test products at unit level and perform testing at system level configurations. Verify performance of all products to acceptance test procedures.
6. Work with specialized test set-ups in anechoic chambers, and environmental chambers. Perform vibration testing. Use specialized test equipment. Diagnose, troubleshoot and isolate faults with electronic and electro optical assemblies.
7. Perform tear down, inspection and evaluation of products returned for repair. Complete detailed paperwork for returned items to aid in the quoting process of repair contracts.
8. Interface with government representatives and customers during product acceptance testing. When requested, train customers on operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of their equipment and systems. Perform detailed inspections and complete test procedures with customer witness.
9. Ability to be certified to the latest industry electronic component assembly standards. Must be willing to work with others and adhere to all company policies and practices.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams & engineering drawings.
• Must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information
• Light manufacturing environment
• ESD Sensitive Environment
• The use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required at all times
• 3+years test experience in the defense or aerospace industry preferred.
• Experience with defense electronics a plus
• Must be capable of sitting or standing for 8 hours
• Fine motor dexterity, hand/eye coordination and depth perception
• Must be able to safely lift 40 lbs
• Must be able to recognize colors
• Must be able to climb stairs
• Associates Degree or Trade School in Electronic Technology or equivalent.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.
Juan Saldarriaga at firstname.lastname@example.org
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: (x258 orx258