3 months ago
Manager, Threat Defense
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Threat Defense Analyst II partners with other analysts to support the mission of rapid threat detection and appropriate response(s). Daily duties consist of threat hunting, gathering and documenting TTP indicators of attackers to build attacker profiles, performing incident response activities, processing improvement work, and taking leadership of micro and small incident response activities.
Scope & Complexity
- This individual contributor role requires a high level of critical thinking and event analysis. The Analyst II begins to move beyond standard process to build attacker profiles, generate documentation, and communicate more advanced threat analysis work for Alaska Air Group (AAG).
- Performs analysis, triage, and response to escalated security events and incidents generated by various sources according to defined processes.
- Performs routine hunting activities for IOCs within the enterprise to efficiently and accurately identify external and internal threat actors.
- Provides technical leadership investigating and resolving micro-security events and incidents.
- Participates in vulnerability management activities performing identification, analysis, validation, rating/triage, reporting, and remediation support of vulnerabilities and misconfigurations.
- Participates in red team/blue team exercises to test threat defense controls.
- Provides monitoring control tuning recommendations to ensure detection of attacks and compromises.
- Maintains awareness of evolving security threats, threat actors, and their TTPs.
- Participates in PCI DSS and other compliance audits.
- Provides mentorship to other analysts on the team.
- Performs other essential security tasks as assigned.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- A minimum of 3 years of information security related domain experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of information technology infrastructure or support experience.
- Experience identifying and gathering relevant information, correlating data, and generating reports on threats, IOCs, security incidents, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Familiarity with security controls such as host firewalls, DLP, content filtering, IPS, FIM, anti-virus, and other security controls.
- Solid understanding of attacker methodologies and tactics, including kill-chain phases and responses.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills to document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with other teams.
- Ability to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high stress situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in information security, computer science, or a related discipline.
- Industry recognized professional security certification (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CEH, or similar).
- Threat assessment, vulnerability analysis, risk assessment experience.
- Experience with virus outbreak management and the ability to differentiate virus activity from directed attack patterns.
- Experience with a scripting language (e.g., Python, Perl, Shell, etc.).
- Experience reviewing and analyzing network packet captures.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: December 12, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.