2 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken Drives LLC
If you’re ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain products and screw conveyor auger, is seeking a Tool Crib Clerk to add to our 400 -associate team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Drives offers competitive pay, profit sharing, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
Position Summary: The tool room attendant is responsible for an expensive inventory of tools and production equipment in an organization. The attendant must keep track of the location of each tool in the organization and make sure that there are sufficient resources available for the production floor. Position is 2nd shift 2:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. M-Th – overtime as needed pending business needs on Fridays.
Essential Job Duties:
* Receive any inbound phone calls from internal or external customers.
* Receives, stores, and issues handtools, machine tools, dies, materials, and equipment in industrial establishment: Issues tools and equipment to workers and maintains records of tools and equipment issued and returned using a computer.
* Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of tools and equipment, manually or using computer.
* Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming tools and equipment, and requisitions stock to replenish inventory.
* Investigates and searches for missing tools and equipment from the tool crib.
* Inspects and measures tools and equipment for defects and wear, visually or using micrometer, and reports damage or wear to supervisors.
* May deliver tools or equipment to workers, manually or using handtruck.
* May mark and identify tools and equipment, using identification tag, stamp, or electric marking tool.
* The attendant maintains an organized tool room.
* Required to process any department invoices.
* Provide excellent customer service to both current Timken Drives associates and external vendors and suppliers.
Minimum Requirements: The tool room attendant must be familiar with various tools and their repair and maintenance. Tool room attendants possess basic math skills and inventory skills. Microsoft Office computer skills are required to transact tools to the appropriate location in the company.
Education and/or Experience: H.S. Degree or GED is required