This is an exciting opportunity for a high performing entry level professional to join the Boeing New Orleans Exploration Launch Systems supporting production of the NASA Space Launch System (SLS) Core Stage. This position is at the NASA Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, Louisiana.
This is a rotating shift position. First and/or second are required to support production as needed.
The ideal candidate will be expected to perform the key elements of responsibilities including:
- Assist in developing basic tool and equipment requirements;
- Assist with basic trade studies, creates models, sketches, prototypes and simulations and participates in design reviews as needed;
- Assist with analyses to determine requirements for tool inspection, test and calibration and preventative maintenance;
- Support investigation of design-engineering changes to maintain engineering configuration and initiates action;
- Gather information and initiates rework to tools, assists with investigation of basic tool non-conformance conditions, and assists with tool and equipment disposal analysis;
- Works under close supervision.
Limited use and application of job principles, theories, and concepts.
Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
Follows directions for routine work under close supervision; receives detailed instructions for specific assignments.
Contributes to the completion of routine tasks. Failure to achieve results has minimal effect to schedules and programs.
Interacts primarily with immediate supervisor and other personnel within the group.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers.