||SHV - Shreveport
The Trainer-Maintenance reports to the Manager-Maintenance Training. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interact with Maintenance departments in the development of policies, procedures and the training elements with the primary focus on aircraft systems, troubleshooting and repair, materials and logistics maintenance department policy and procedures.
- Schedule and facilitate various training courses on-site throughout the ExpressJet system.
- Will be assigned one or more of the following:
- Develop and teach in-house courses and materials on Company operated aircraft, components, accessories, and equipment.
- Develop and train on MROS (TRAX/Aura) systems and material transactions.
- Conduct courses covering technical paperwork and practices, administrative paperwork and practices, aircraft familiarization, Company familiarization, and general counseling.
- Develop the structure, general guidelines, and documentation for On the Job Training (OJT).
- Course development includes, but is not limited to, syllabus, course outlines, lesson plans, equipment, Human Factors safety, OSHA compliance, instructional material, training aids, and study materials.
- Coordinate with OEMs and major vendors to schedule in house training.
- Conduct annual re-current training and training on new equipment or procedures as necessary.
- Perform Training database maintenance for assigned personnel to include daily maintenance.
- Perform hands on instruction of new equipment and aircraft, as well as new programs.
- Perform annual reviews of courses as directed by Manager-Training.
- Verify currency and accuracy of training course and ensure inclusion of maintenance bulletins into training course prior to instruction.
- Perform the duties of Training Analysts/Coordinators in their absence.
- Travel in support of training requirements on short notice to include international travel.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager-Training.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Demonstrable knowledge on aircraft manuals.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to use various types of instructional media.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as strong interpersonal and organizational skills and must be detail-oriented.
- A team collaborator and contributor yet self-motivated and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines.
- Working knowledge with software applications (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- High professional standards and takes initiative to plan for continuous professional development.
- Possess or meet the requirements for a US passport.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in aircraft maintenance environment.
- A&P License.
- Experience on ExpressJet type aircraft.
- Experience on ExpressJet company policy and procedures.
- Experience with TRAX program.
- Experience in Training maintenance personnel.
- Engine Run and Taxi qualified.
- RII qualified.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.