|Description||Spirit Airlines is seeking a talented Training & Compliance Specialist to join our growing team.
Purpose: To provide regional oversight of training compliance for Airport Services Business Partners to ensure that all regulatory and company training and operating requirements, policies and procedures are followed. Conduct training and/or observe training programs such as Ramp Service Agent Initial Training and on-the-job training (OJT) in stations to ensure training programs are delivered in accordance with Spirit policies and procedures. Observe and audit ramp operations for compliance with Spirit and regulatory policies. Monitor Learning Management System (LMS) record keeping to ensure that all Team Members’ records are up to date. Mentor Business Partner Certified Trainers and ensure that current training materials are available and in use. Support station initiatives such as Business Partner transitions and station openings as required.
Training and Operational Compliance: Ensure the delivery of compliant and quality Airport Services classroom and on-the-job training in assigned region through audit, training delivery, and mentoring of Business Partner trainers. Audit day-to-day operations for regulatory and procedural compliance. Perform root cause analysis and recommend corrective actions where discrepancies are identified. Act as liaison with Business Partner management, Spirit General Manager, Regional Director and Corporate Training.
Reporting: Provide impartial and constructive feedback in station evaluations, and assist with development of effective corrective action plans when necessary. Work closely with other regional Compliance Specialists and the Training and Safety departments to identify and resolve trends in training and compliance.
Participate in Station Openings and Business Partner Transitions: Deliver technical training and provide on-site support for new station openings and Business Partner transitions to include: setup of training records, organization of station files, conducting practice sessions, scheduling OJT and qualification of a station trainer. Assist new General Managers as needed.
1. Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
2. Must possess a strong knowledge of airport policies / procedures, especially ramp operations
3. Thorough knowledge of AOSSP, FAA, DOT, TSA, OSHA and other regulations as they relate to airport operations.
4. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
5. Must have strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Must be flexible to travel and work days/nights and weekends as needed.
Professional: Maintains composure during stressful situations. Upholds objectivity and maintains a high level of standards.
Planning and Organization: Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to be detail oriented. Able to multitask and must be able to plan effectively to obtain optimal results.
Team Player: Possesses strong teamwork ethic and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers.
Trustworthy: Possesses a high level of integrity, confidentiality, discretion and ethics. Is direct and open and creates a trusting environment with station Team Members, General Managers, and Directors. Establishes and sustains relationships with all stakeholders.
Knowledge: Must be adept at understanding all airport operations policies/procedures and regulatory requirements.
Customer-Focused: Understands customer needs and meets them without adding cost and complexity. Helps customers adopt standard processes to achieve outcomes.
1. Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. passport.
2. Must be able to travel extensively and work flexible hours/days of week.
3. Must be familiar with quality assurance principles.
4. Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
5. Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
6. Must be able to walk up and down steps and stairs.
7. Must be able to work in various weather climates and conditions.
8. The ability to pass a drug and alcohol test and a criminal background check.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
2. Five (5) Years or more airline operations experience.
3. Training experience preferred.
4. Quality Assurance auditing experience preferred.