3 months ago
Job Description summary and essential functions:
Manager of Training. Duties include training management for pilots, flight attendants and ground crew members for FAA Part 135 and 121 operations.
- Position involves reviewing and updating training materials to meet Federal Regulations, operational procedures, and Company policy needs.
- Position involves teaching initial and recurrent training courses. It is expected the incumbent would employ best practices to ensure instruction is student-oriented to ensure highest level of learning, including coordinating outside speakers, lesson updates, lessons learned, current information, refreshing examples of pertinent situations and interjection of adult learning techniques.
1. Maintain training records for a large employee group compliant with FAA Part 135 and Part 121 regulatory standards.
2. Create/Maintain required records to reflect the current state of training and qualification for each employee as required.
3. Assign, monitor and document all initial and recurrent training.
4. Provide/Conduct live classroom training as required.
5. Develop/update/provide continuous improvement of training courses
6. Maintain Training Manuals as directed.
7. Evaluate ongoing programs to ensure compliance.
8. Maintain curriculum database.
9. Complete other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 1 to 2 years as a teacher, college professor or podium instructor
Experience operating in a flight training program, preferably for an FAA part 135 or FAA part 121 operation (military flight training experience will be accepted). Experience as a pilot in a part 135 or part 121 flight operation preferred (military flight training experience will be accepted). Previous pilot and/or instructor experience with at least 500 hours pilot in command time required as part of a Part 135 or Part 121 Program (military flight experience will be accepted). Knowledge of Crew Resource Management (CRM) concepts. General knowledge of aircraft systems. IATA Operational Safety Audit experience Desired. IATA Standard Safety Assessment experience Desired. Class 2 Medical – capable of getting a Class 1 Medical. Experience in or the ability to get receive a checkout in a Cessna 208 or a Cessna 207 aircraft.
Exceptional Oral Communication skills needed
Experience as a classroom instructor
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel
Valid Driver’s License: Yes
Security Clearance: No
Background Check or Investigation: Yes, checked by Doss
Other Job Information:
Working Conditions (indoor/outdoor/office, etc.): Hangar, Office, Aircraft (able to fly jump seat in aircraft to understand operating procedures but does not have to be current/qualified) and Classroom
Work Schedule: Full time; typically Mon – Fri between 7:30 AM and 6:00 PM. Occasional Saturdays.
Lifting Required: up to 50 lbs
Other Details (tools needed, physical requirements, etc.): N/A
Doss Aviation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
5 months ago
only 10 days until close
22 days ago
only 5 days until close