Manager of Retail Operations and Uniform Programs
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Manager Uniform Programs provides program management support for both the current and custom uniform programs, including coordination within and across divisions.
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports uniform programs for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Delivers program management and cross-divisional coordination for AAG's current and custom uniform programs.
- Partners with customers and business units to define the objectives, scope, and project deliverables.
- Monitors project schedule, cost, and progress to ensure projects are completed on time and fulfill the objectives.
- Works collaboratively and proactively with operational divisions to ensure uniform selections are appealing and provide a sense of pride.
- Manages programs and projects to design, develop, and implement new systems and process improvements.
- Identifies and communicates any unresolved problems or possible timeline issues, along with recommended actions for correction.
- Communicates program and project status to participants and stakeholders in writing as well as in formal presentations.
- Ensures garments and products meet safety and sourcing requirements and ensures that audits are conducted and satisfactory.
- Identifies need and provides support for selection of uniform suppliers, including the direction to evaluate new sourcing partners and distributors.
- Leads the uniform services team for Horizon to ensure outstanding customer service, product availability, and high quality.
- Partners with leaders to capture and communicate uniform issues and needs and identifies solutions.
- Delivers day-to-day AAG uniform vendor management for a program that supplies uniforms to 18,000 employees:
- Partners with Retail Operations Manager to ensure inventory and service levels are achieved for the Fit Center(s).
- Monitors and manages all open action items and develops KPIs and metrics to measure success.
- Creates an account structure that includes cross-divisional uniform partners and efficiently addresses their needs and concerns.
- Manages supplier reporting by reviewing periodic reports and providing summaries and recommendations based on information received.
- Ensures garments meet all performance requirements.
- Manages inventory levels for current uniforms and develops strategies for custom uniforms.
- Provides direction on managing inventory through transition periods, ensuring that service levels are maintained and financial liabilities are managed effectively.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and professionalism during high pressure situations.
Job-Specific Skills (years of experience, key knowledge, skills & abilities)
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working with vendor and account management supporting large-scale programs and complex projects.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience leading teams.
- Knowledge of fashion brand names, fashion trends, and market trends.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and demonstrate exceptional time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple, competing objectives and tasks.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with internal teams to drive superior results.
- Experience in project management, including elements of scope, schedule, budgeting, risk evaluation, quality, integration, and communications.
- Experience working with customers to define tasks and integrate business processes and technology into effective business solutions.
- Ability to identify problems and independently develop alternatives for resolution.
- Experience with inventory management, retail management principles and garment construction and supply chain processes; knowledge of uniform programs including textile production and tailoring strongly desired.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.