The Unix Systems Engineer is responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of UNIX based operating systems and applications. This position is responsible to recognize and troubleshoot problems with server hardware and applications software. The UNIX Systems Engineer will establish and document standards and procedures for management review. This position requires extensive knowledge of computer operations and familiarity with shell programming. In addition, it will support the implementation of new technologies, projects and provide status updates as required.
40%: Linux-Install, Patch and Tune operating system. Configure networking and storage connectivity as required. Work with LVM based filesystems.
25%: BM AIX - Install, Patch and Tune operating system and Logical Partitions capable of dynamic operations.
15%: Support of Enterprise TSM based backups and Solarwinds monitoring application
15%: Support of HPUX based Jeppesen flight operations application platform
5%: Provide 7x24x365 assistance as necessary in support of NetJets' global, high-availability operations
Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Information Technology with 4-6 years of experience is required.
Individual should be competent in the administration of UNIX/Linux systems for the purposes of installing, patching and upgrading system hardware and software.
* Experience in the building of new systems from the ground up utilizing physical media or predefined images.
* Experience with UNIX/Linux security measures for the protection of data and system resources.
* Understanding of SAN designs and benefits of shared resources within a cluster.
* Knowledge of enterprise backup solutions and off-site vaulting.
* Experience planning for disaster recovery and recovery of data due to user error.
* Experience with enterprise monitoring applications.
* Ability to write UNIX shell scripts.