18 days ago
Jeppesen: Transforming the way the world moves.
Partners with project teams to create effective, usable and satisfying user experiences with information technology.
* Guides the translation of complex requirements into a user interaction design by applying usability, human factors and user interface design principles to create a user interaction design specification that efficiently and effectively supports the business need and user work. Drafts and approves design guidelines, providing instructions to less experienced employees.
* Guides the analysis of complex requirements by overseeing or performing task analysis to identify task sequences and applying the information to design future task execution. Oversees the creation of user scenarios that capture and communicate the frequent and/or critical tasks for projects with complex requirements.
* Works with the business partner or product manager to define and document complex business and user requirements by performing usability engineering analysis activities such as field studies, contextual inquiry and interviews to elicit and understand business practices, user groups, work objectives, tasks and improvement opportunities. Creates or leads the development of personas, user profiles and usability goals to guide product design and establish usability metrics. Guides and mentors less experienced employees.
* Leads others in evaluating and measuring usability by performing activities such as informal and formal usability testing and heuristic reviews for projects with complex evaluation requirements. Applies human factors, usability and user interface design principles to identify and diagnose complex usability problems. Validates user requirements have been met and provides recommendations for design improvements. Measures performance against usability goals for projects with complex evaluation requirements.
* Determines approaches and mentors less experienced employees in the definition, development and deployment of infrastructure products and services that support and enable the execution of the user-centered design process and usability engineering methods. Oversees infrastructure products and service maintenance activities and selects or develops new methods.
* Promotes and fosters awareness and appreciation of the benefits of usability engineering methods and user-centered design to improve the usability of software.
* Leads and coaches others in consulting on user-centered design process and usability engineering methods. Oversees the identification of associated training resources.
* Works on the development of strategies to ensure effective, usable and satisfying user experiences with information technology.
Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
* Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
* Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
* Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
* Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.