19 days ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Employees in this position operate and monitor vacuum furnaces and equipment that anneal, heat treat, stress relief, age, and quench production parts and raw material.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Employment in this position also requires lifting and carrying less than 10 pounds, handling, lifting 10-35 pounds, rotation of head/neck, sitting, standing, twisting at the waist, walking, contact with metals, exposure to extreme heat, exposure to noise and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for face, eyes, ears and feet.
* Obtain/review work order (W/O) to determine what process production parts or raw material are to be worked (e.g., annealing, heat treat and aged), as required.
* Visually inspect work area to determine what needs to be done, start with priority work first and or first in first out.
* Perform monitoring of heat treat ovens checking processes (e.g., proper temperature, vacuum, recording charts and control panel), of prior shift, as required.
* Obtain and group work (W/O) by selecting compatible material and type to be heat treated together per BAC specification, as required.
* Consult with supervision and other sources (e.g., planning, Manufacturing Research and Development MR&D and inspection), to resolve problems, as required.
* Count parts and verify qty. per W/O and (BAC) specifications, as required.
* Coordinate with MR&D in the fabrication of various types and sizes of shop aids, as required.
* Operate and work from stacker lift to access work area, as required.
* Perform correct loading/racking techniques to ensure uniform heating, minimize warpage and tie down parts using tools and weights to straighten parts, as required.
* Perform/lift loaded parts rack onto load rack platform with overhead crane, as required.
* Operate and program control panel to adjust heat treat oven to proper temperature per specification, then load parts rack into oven after correct temperature has been reached, as required.
* Record pertinent information on chart recorder/work order (e.g., correct load, today?s date, material, clock/oven number and correct time in), as required.
* After all processes have been completed call for in house inspection, as required.
* Perform/ monitor ovens periodically to ensure ovens are functioning properly, as required.
* Perform correct documentation on work orders (e.g., heat treat/alloy and personal I D stamp), as required.
* Perform documentation of logbook with traceable information (e.g., oven/part number, ERP/load number, alloy and time in and time out), as required.
* Perform quenching of heat treat parts/raw material per BAC specification, as required.
* Perform the unloading of heat treat racks in a timely manner, as required.
* Handle and dispose of hazardous material in an approved manner, as required.
* Maintain personal & tool certifications, as required.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Experience using a computer such as internet navigation, email, Microsoft Office and/or other specialized computer applications.
Experience using precision measuring tools and equipment.
Must be capable of lifting 35 pounds on a frequent basis.
Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings.
Experience racking/loading aluminum or hard metal parts or material to anneal, heat treat, stress relief, or age, in a furnace.
Hands on experience with overhead cranes.
Training from a CORE PLUS program within manufacturing.
Training from a Community and Technical College program within manufacturing.
Contingent Upon Program Award