5 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Program / Customer Relations - General manager
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
Responsibilities of Position:
1. Overall management and technical leadership of the following aspects of the business:
•Engineering •Materials/Production Planning •Quality •Production •Customer service
2. Contributing to the Safran Landing Systems Business Plan via development of factory plans, budgets, capital investment plans and improvement projects.
3. Develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture in all aspects of the business.
4. Build positive employee relationships based on defined measurable goals, open communication, and participative management.
5. Cultivate and maintain customer satisfaction.
6. Establish and capitalize upon strong inter company relationships with Safran Landing Systems European facilities.
7. Develop key factory personnel for the long term stability and success of the company.
8. Identify and mitigate risks. Participate in exchange of risk knowledge with other Safran managers and Safran facilities.
9. Manage analysis of capacity, risks, justification and qualification of future modifications of process and/or equipment.
10. Exude a culture of integrity, environmental respect and safety of employees and property.
11. Support and comply with all standards and codes that apply to Safran Landing Systems.
Key Success Factors:
1. Establish long term strategic plans for business in line with Safran Landing Systems goals.
2. Establish key indicators of performance and develop and train organization to understand their collective impact on those indicators.
3. Lead staffing and development efforts for the business. Contribute to the exchange of talent within Safran.
5. Establish and meet goals for all agreed projects.
- International travel up to 10%
Candidate skills & requirements
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Textile, ect.)
- Master's degree in related field preferred
- Technical engineering/leadership experience directly related to business line required
- APICS certification required
North America, United States, Kentucky, Walton
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 8 years