11 months ago
What does a VP of Maintenance and Engineering do for Allegiant?
The Vice President of Maintenance is responsible to develop and maintain a division which provides a safe, efficient and economic accomplishment of all maintenance functions, to provide highly trained personnel, airworthy, reliable and clean aircraft and
timely execution of the flight schedule.
What are some of the daily duties of a VP of Maintenance and Engineering?
* Establishes a department and staff able to provide the manpower, facilities, equipment and tools necessary to attain the goals established for aircraft operation
* Directs members of their staff to ensure that they carry out all maintenance activities, safely and on time in accordance with FAA policies and regulations
* Directs the establishment of standard procedures for the overhaul, inspection and repair of company aircraft
* Directs the establishment of division work standards and the scheduling of hours and shifts to be worked relative to the airline schedule
* Develops budgetary requirements for both current operation and future expenditures
* Establishes programs for the division to aid members of the supervisory staff in handling company policies and procedures within budget guidelines and harmonious working relationships
* Directs planning functions and work capabilities which comply with FAA Regulations, Operation Specifications and Airworthiness Directives
* Reviews daily, the maintenance delays and system problems, to develop and implement appropriate measures to improve performance
* Responsible for oversight of Publications operations
* Participates in vendor selection and negotiations of purchase, repair/overhaul and lease contracts
* Assists in the formulation and execution of Company policies
* Performs other duties as delegated by the Chief Operating Officer