DATE: June 1, 2016
TO: All Qualified Applicants
RE: Vice President of Cargo Logistics
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This recruitment is for a Vice President of Cargo Logistics, located in Anchorage, Alaska. This is a full time, benefit eligible position.
Ravn Air Group will maintain the highest level of safety, customer satisfaction and employee pride. VISION Ravn Air Group is dedicated to long-term sustainability in meeting Alaska’s need in passenger, cargo and air charter transportation. OUR STORY Ravn Alaska is one of the most respected names in aviation in the State of Alaska. Corvus Airlines has become one of the premier 121 carriers operated in the State of Alaska with additional code share agreements with Alaska Airlines. Corvus’s sister carrier, Hageland Aviation, remains one of largest 135 carriers in the United States and connects Corvus Airlines to over 90 destinations in the State of Alaska with an operation of over fifty aircraft. The two Airlines are subsidiaries of Ravn Air Group with annual revenue exceeding $175 million.
Are you an experienced Professional who is passionate about connecting cargo, mail and company material to over 100 Ravn communities that depend on it? The Vice President of Cargo Logistics will play a key role in leading our operations growth in a highly competitive Alaska cargo industry. You will have a team of over 25 employees to lead the Ravn Alaska cargo business strategy.
• Overall leadership of the cargo and mail services business, including responsibility and accountability for the P&L statement.
• Deliver best in class processes that improve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Customer Satisfaction.
• Heighten awareness of Ravn Alaska as a premier provider of transportation services for cargo, mail and other materials in Alaska.
• Work collaboratively with Ravn marketing and sales to execute effective pricing strategies and delivery of products.
• Develop key customer and partner relationships with leading companies needing cargo/mail transportation services across Alaska.
• Effective leadership and interpersonal skills to communicate with a variety of audiences including senior level managers, regulatory agencies, company-wide peers, subordinates and others.
• Develop, attract and retain talent necessary to achieve growth strategy.
• Ability to team with others in the organization to work towards a One RAVN strategic plan
• Accomplish the Ravn Mission of Safety, Customer Satisfaction and Employee Pride.
• This position will require some travel throughout the State of Alaska.
• Bachelors degree in aviation or related logistics fields strongly preferred.
• Basic knowledge of aviation regulations, Aeronautical Information Manual, and other aviation subjects strongly preferred, including commercial aviation.
• Have at least 5 years supervisory or managerial experience required.
• A high degree of communication skills, oral and written, are required for this position.