StandardAero is seeking a Vice President, Sales & Marketing for their Commercial sector. Our Commercial sector is OEM-Authorized by five of the largest engine manufacturers: General Electric, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce, Hamilton Sundstrand (Pratt & Whitney AeroPower) and Honeywell. With world-class facilities, service centers and field service support located throughout the world, our team is dedicated to providing excellent customer support, reliable on-time delivery and superior quality. In addition to our knowledge and capabilities on a number of engine platforms, including CF34, CFM56, PT6, PW100, AE3007, as well as Honeywell and Hamilton Sundstrand APUs, we have over 100 years of experience serving operators around the world. We are in search of an individual to join our team to continue to grow our reputation in the market as a Trusted Service Partneron our existing platforms and on new platforms StandardAero is pursuing.
• Develops and executes the sector’s sales and marketing strategy necessary to meet and exceed global and product line sales objectives. Achieves objectives for transactional and long term program customers for both in year revenue and future backlog.
• Works with StandardAero’s product experts (VP/GM and Customer Program Directors) and business development (VP/Director, Business Development) to develop StandardAero’s customer value proposition and go-to-market strategy by product line.
• Maintains global organizational design and staff for existing products, as market conditions warrant, and new products as they are added to the product portfolio.
• Advises need for and manages external sales agents and consultants who can effectively supplement our existing group of sales staff.
• Ensures the relevant team members are fully aware of key market activity around the world including location of customers, timing of contract expirations/RFPs, key trends that influence purchase decisions and how other MRO providers are competing in our markets.
• Directs relationship development between StandardAero and potential customers. Aligns StandardAero and customer relationships across multiple levels to ensure multiple points of contact. Builds relationships well in advance of RFPs.
• Sets regional and individual sales targets and performance metrics. Reviews targets during the year and makes meaningful adjustments based on individual/team results and market conditions
• Leads and inspires the sales team and those who work with the sales team to work in a collaborative manner and perform to the best of their ability. Encourage cross-functional collaboration and teamwork in pursuit of opportunities.
• Promotes the quality and timeliness of customer data and opportunities maintained within the company’s customer relationship management system, currently salesforce.com.
• Supports the annual and long range planning process by providing market relevant informations such as regional and global growth. Drives team to submit revenue objectives that balance the need to grow the business in a meaningful way with the achievability of the plan.
• Directs the marketing, advertising and promotional activities in support of sales and brand building objectives. Works with corporate marketing communications to promote press releases, coordinate trade shows, organize field marketing events, and execute events that further sector objectives.
• Engages with VP, Business Development and Customer Programs to assign accounts for go forward management between Sales and Business Development and recommend contribution levels for sales credit.
• Where appropriate, directly engages with certain customers to support StandardAero being the successful MRO provider.
• Engages in the sector’s strategic planning process. Executes special projects as assigned in an orderly and visible manner.
• Directs the development and implementation of advertisement and promotional programs with central marketing. Oversees the preparation, creation, procurement and distribution of all sector and market advertising and promotional materials; including all signage, logos, literature, written and graphic media projecting the sector's public image.
• Oversees the co-ordination of sector participation at trades shows, seminars, advertising and other such marketing and sales events. Keeps abreast of all matters pertaining to changing sales and marketing developments.
• Accompanies sales representatives on significant sales and marketing calls.
• Promotes the sector continuous improvement program by encouraging and supporting the initiation and completion of short term projects aimed at improving process performance.
• Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety, and the general employee relations of direct and functional reports.
• Actively participates in the appropriate management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic, marketing and capture plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
• Performs individual assignments as assigned.
• University degree in business/commerce, marketing or equivalent.
• Several years of marketing/sales/program experience as a middle manager or above in an aerospace environment.
• Excellent strategic planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability as a leader and developer of people
• Can work or direct work cross functionally. Is able to engage in constructive conflict
• Excellent project management skills.
• Advanced proficiency with MS Office.
• Advanced knowledge of sales and marketing computer information systems (i.e. SalesForce.Com)
• Excellent knowledge of assigned target markets is a definite asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.