5 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position could be responsible for any of the following tasks/functions:
* Move materials using appropriate equipment: Powered Industrial Equipment (forklift, hand-crane, pallet jack, shrink wrap machine, etc)
* Use hand-held scanner to scan and sort product by part number and create and print delivery note or to receive product.
* Accuracy is critical. For all orders, associates must verify: part numbers, quantities, weight, label placement, etc
* Perform visual inspection to check for physical damage to product or packaging materials.
* Follow customer specific instructions to pack material into appropriate containers and apply labels as required by customer.
* Must be able to learn and understand the customer-specific pack codes using a computer.
* Use RedPrairie Warehouse Management System to determine customer and packing instructions.
* Access online packer manual to determine if re-pack or placement into intermediate containers is required.
* Match/verify physical product against planned incoming product shown on RF scanner.
* Determine if the shipment needs to be broken down/repalletized for storage.
* Pick from and Store product into system-directed locations and move to staging zone or conveyor as required.
* Problem solves/escalate product that will not store appropriately.
* Pick Product by part number, using hand-held RF scanner as directed by RedPrairie warehouse management system.
* Match up Customer Orders for Palletization and stage for shipping.
* Band boxes as necessary by positioning boxes on in-line banding machine or hand-held banding machine, and activate banding cycle.
* Weigh product from pack line and troubleshoot if weight does not agree.
* Loads material onto carriers, being responsible for the even distribution of weight.
* Responsible for spotting trailers at the dock with the yard tractor.
*This position could be on 2nd or 3rd Shift
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.