7 months ago
Job ID #: 9828
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Nesquehoning
Functional Area: Supply Chain
Division: EMG - Chemical Products Division
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - Pennsylvania - Nesquehoning
Education Required: High School Diploma
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Travel Percentage: 0
Hours of Work: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs the daily activities of the warehouse team members and ensuring they are working safely.
2. Prepares manufacturing orders
3. Assures that sufficient quantities of required raw materials are available for each production run, based on formula supplies by customers.
4. Maintains computer records of materials; both raw and finished.
5. Communicates with customer representatives to receive customer requirements and to coordinate receipt of necessary raw materials and packaging supplies.
6. Communicates inventory and production needs with warehouse.
7. Generates picking list for each job and routes it to the warehouse.
8. Identifies inactive materials and takes appropriate action to remove them from the warehouse.
9. Calculates production yields
10. Reports inventory figures to customers monthly.
11. Coordinates shipping releases with both customers and warehouse.
12. When required by customer, order raw materials from suppliers.
13. Notifies customers of raw materials they must order.
14. Trained to use customer supplied computer systems, if required.
15. Responsible for printing product labels per customer packaging requirements.
16. Responsible for overall inventory accuracy.
17. Responsible for physical audits of customer materials.
18. Responsible for entering and verifying correct customer order information on all customer orders.
19. Responsible for obtaining and communicating information on new or significantly altered production runs, including material safety data sheets.
20. In charge of warehousing, rail cars and silos.
21. Responsible for proper storage of materials.
22. Responsible for all incoming and outgoing shipments.
23. Responsible for accepting material based on quality, receipts of CofA's, MSDS's, etc. from material suppliers.
24. Coordinates rail car movements.
Member of the plant management team. Accountable for the supervision and operating results of the warehouse to include manpower, scheduling, efficiency, quality, safety, housekeeping, health and environmental requirements.
1. APICS/MRP certified, or related field of study preferred, or combination of education and related experience.
2. A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive supervisory experience in a unionized manufacturing facility.
3. Excellent communications (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
4. Strong leadership, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
5. Ability to interact with customers to solve problems and promote new business opportunities.
6. Good judgment and the demonstrated ability to interact with hourly employees, union representatives, co-workers and managers at all levels of the organization, along with outside vendors, lawyers and consultants.
7. Strong reasoning skills and ability to analyze problems, collect and interpret data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
8. Computer skills
9. Working knowledge of shipping procedures as well as routing and legal load weigh limits.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.