8 months ago
Wheel CNC Machining
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
At our South Bend site, we design and manufacture wheels and brakes for a variety of aircraft. This position reports to an ISC Supervisor. The operators will perform multiple machine set-ups and operation of large 4 and 5 axis NC vertical lathes and horizontal Mills. Applicants should be experienced with Fanuc or Okuma controls to edit and work within the established machine programs. Knowledge and operation of Motch Vertical lathe, Makino, and Okuma machine centers would be advantageous.
This position will likely train on the first shift and then move to second shift which is from 3 - 11:30pm.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* As part of set-up and running of jobs, interact with computer-based controllers to enter or edit job program and tool selection information
* Work must also be completed within specific timeframes depending on production schedules
* Processes also involve using, reading and interpreting measuring gages such as, but not limited to, micrometers, height gages, CMM's and dial test gages to complete and validate work
* Understand and interpret Blueprints, specifications, and operating instructions before and while running operations
* Inspect parts against blueprints and specifications; ensuring product meets specified quality standards
* Update related paperwork/work instructions upon completion of tasks
* Demonstrate safe work habits
* Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly manner
* As a team member, demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems leading to continual process improvements and effectiveness of the team
* Must be willing to work any shift and overtime as needed to help the department meet demands; including 2nd shift
* Must have the ability to lift 35 pounds minimum
You Must Have:
* Must be a US person (US citizen, US permanent resident or individual with protected status i.e. asylum/refugee) due to US export control laws and regulations.
* High School diploma or GED
* 3+ years of set-up & operation of CNC machine equipment experience
* Attention to detail and can follow written and verbal directions
* Basic reading and writing skills
* Ability to read and understand Blueprints
* Possesses solid teaming and communication skills
* Good time-management skills
* Ability to focus on quality while executing job tasks
* Job ID: 00357031
* Category: Integrated Supply Chain
* Location: South Bend, IN USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.