4 months ago
Wind Tunnel, Sr. Technician *WEEKEND NIGHTS SHIFT*
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57401BR Date posted 11/29/City Burnsville
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of a variety of aerospace products. Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) division, based in Burnsville, MN has a Wind Tunnel Technician opening. **Note** This position works a weekend night shift Friday-Sunday.
A qualified candidate is expected to:
* Set up and operate the low speed, transonic and advanced icing wind tunnels
* Prepare wind tunnels for qualification programs and production testing
* Perform occasional preventative maintenance procedures and total productive maintenance items on a daily basis
* Monitor and control tunnel parameters during testing to ensure repeatable and predictable output
* Work with internal and external customers to verify desired testing conditions are satisfied
* Create test sheets and data records for reference
* Update and create standard work documentation for wind tunnel operations
* Maintain clean work environment by following 5S protocol
* 4 years experience in Aerospace industry
* Must have experience troubleshooting and ability to interpret schematics
* Familiarity with wind tunnel testing and mechanical systems is preferred
* Labview software experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
* Mechanically inclined
* Strong communication skills
* Adaptable to changes in work direction
* Ability to perform work with minimal supervision
* Microsoft office
Education: Associates or Technical degree from a certified technical school
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.