9 months ago
Prepare changes/revisions to existing technical publications and/or create new publications in accordance with prescribed specifications in either electronic or hard copy format.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Authoring Technical data in SGML/XML for Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM).
* Research engineering drawings, technical specifications, equipment catalogues and other source data, as required, for the purpose of preparing, in a computerized environment, publication changes and revisions.
* Ensure that the technical data reflects the latest system/equipment configuration.
* Prepare clear and concise draft material and when required, provide instructions for supporting illustrations.
* Complete workflow control documentation for draft material.
* Compile draft text and illustration for presentation to the customer, ensuring the product is technically accurate, logically presented, consistent with the appropriate specifications and all customer requirements have been addressed.
* Assist other technical writers in preparing their work packages for draft manuscript presentations.
* Other related duties as assigned by the Technical Writing Supervisor.
* Post-secondary technical writing training or equivalent experience in a technical writing environment.
* Preference given to applicants with the capability to author in both official languages.
* Minimum of 1 to 5 year experience in technical writing or comparable role is required.
* Some knowledge of common Aircraft, Naval or Land mechanical, electrical or electronic systems may be considered
* an asset but is not required.
* Knowledgeable in the use of two or more of the following software platforms: MS Word, Adobe Framemaker, InDesign, Arbortext Epic Editor, Adobe Acrobat or comparable software for the creation of Technical Publications required.
* Familiarity with S1000D, ATA, CALs, MIL/STD Specifications, SGML and XML would be considered a definite asset.
* Good oral and above average written communication skills.
* Self-starter, dedicated to a high degree of accuracy, pride in workmanship, co-operative, able to work under pressure, thorough and meticulous, strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to quality.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 5S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.